Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bits of news

After the previous slow period with adoptions, things seemed to have picked up again. Ruffles and Penelope have been adopted in the last few days which is sigh of relief as they had been at TAS for several weeks too long.

Vadar and Charlene also have found new homes. Vadar, even before he got his name changed, was adopted on the weekend by a nice young woman and that's a relief as well as dogs like him have a higher tendency to end up in the wrong hands.

That first batch of Montreal puppy mill dogs may have all been adopted out but there's are always more Montreal dogs ready to fill up any unused kennel space at TAS and another batch is expected sometime this week.

One of the main difficulties with getting the dogs from Montreal is finding drivers who are able and willing to make the long trip there and back. If any of you just love the idea of driving with a load of crated dogs from Montreal to Toronto, contact me and we'll see if we can set something up.

I want to thank Joanne and Emily who came down to TAS yesterday morning and spent over an hour with the yellow Lab in the rain on a long walk/training session. Emily expressed interest in fostering the Lab but it turned out the dog had already been placed through Lab Rescue.

Whoever ends up with her will have their hands full but with lots of training and dieting, I'm sure they'll end up with a great dog. Either that or she'll remain a fat nutbar who'll eat every wad of chewing gum, hamburger wrapper and goose poo in sight while pulling your shoulder out of its socket trying to get to it, but hey, it's all good.

1 comment:

House of the Discarded said...

I don't know why, but I've always loved the ornery dogs. I've tried the obedience school route, but we've always dropped out. My cats sit on my kitchen counter, and my dog barks at everybody that walks by. I'm OK with it.

Good thing I didn't raise my children this way. :)