Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another dog hero story

The last few days I've been working through in my head a Christmas story about a dog that saves someone from freezing to death in a snowbank. Problem was, I couldn't come up with a plot device that had the right balance of credibility and strangeness to explain how someone would end up in a snowbank needing to be rescued in the first place.

Well, the good news is that I've found a credible plot device but the bad news is that the story has already been written only it's not fiction. A Hamilton woman, missing for three days, was found in a snowbank yesterday by a dog. She's recovering from hypothermia and the dog got a t-bone.

Looks like I might have to go back to the story idea about the year Rudolph got replaced by a Great Dane.

No comments: