Tuesday, January 20, 2009

2 more things that make you go awww ...

... or break down in tears depending on your mood.

Excerpted from Main Line Animal Rescue.

The Third Twin


When Oogy was four months old and weighed thirty five pounds he was tied to a stake and used as bait for a Pit Bull. The left side of his face from just behind his eye was torn off, including his ear. He was bitten so hard a piece of his jaw bone was crushed. Afterward, he was thrown into a cage and left to bleed to death.

I am not a religious man, but I can only conclude that at that moment God turned around and paid attention. The police raided the facility, found Oogy, and took him to Ardmore Animal Hospital, where Dr. Bianco stitched him up and saved him. This coincided with the last weekend of life for our cat, Buzzy, who was 14 at the tine. My sons and I had taken Buzzy to AAH for his last visit. The staff had gathered Buzzy in when out comes this pup to be walked that looked like nothing more than a gargoyle. He covered us with kisses. The boys and I fell instantly in love with him.

Life goes out one door and in another.


You can read the rest here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may already seen this one since it's been going around the internet like wildfire the last couple of days but in case you haven't, get that box of kleenex out all you sensitive ones out there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great stories - thanks Fred

Lynda said...

Yep, breaking down in tears over here. Sad tears for Oogy's start to life and happy tears for his finish. What a cool friggin' dog and what an awesome family that adopted him.

I didn't watch the video as there isn't any sound at work, but I will watch it tonight.

House of the Discarded said...

What a gut wrenching horrible start for this darling dog. But what an amazing life little Oogy is having now.

I have a confession: When I first saw his picture, I had hoped he needed a home. I had my car keys in hand :)