Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday review, Feb. 19

I'm not sure if trendy stars parading around their Puggles for all the paparazzi to shoot had anything to do with this guy's quick adoption but all I know is that I barely had time to take his photo and then, poof, he was gone.


Harley's ex-owner claims he's an English Mastiff but at six month old, he seems kind of small for an English Mastiff - not that he's a small dog, just perhaps not giant sized. He does however, have those big blubbery mastiff jowls that you kind of want to grab a hold of and flap up and down and make raspberry noises. Or maybe that's just me.

Harley

Since I had some extra time, I took some shots of a few cats. It's sad how many cats there are at the shelter although for adopters it does mean that there are some amazing choices. The first two are still up for adoption but I don't see the last one, the one-eyed kitten, on the TAS website so hopefully he's found a home.




For adoption information on these and other dogs (and cats and other animals), please visit Toronto Animal Services.

9 comments:

Laura HP said...

Love the cat photos Fred! You are talented at every animal =) The one-eyed kitten, Pirate, got adopted by a great family a few days ago!
The first puppy went to the adopt-a-thon with Loki's puppies and got adopted on the last day.

Windelynn said...

i love that silver long haired cat! Beautiful pic!!!

House of the Discarded said...

I know the lady that adopted the one-eyed kitten! They're thrilled with Pirate :)

-Beth

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Wonderful pictures! Pirate, what a perfect name of that sweetheart!

Laura HP said...

Beth, you know the new owners? Tell them we expect an update at some point! =) Everyone fell in love with Pirate, she's just darling.

Smartypants said...

Oh my gosh, that picture of Pirate is ADORABLE! What a sweetheart!

Great photos, Fred!

Lynn said...

What! Cats on our blog? I love it. You know, I didn't used to like cats all that much until I started volunteering at our local animal shelter a few years ago. I'm still as allergic to them as I ever was, but I've developed a new appreciation. They're like little jewels. Each one is so unique. Love the little one-eyed guy!

Mr. Puggle® said...

So glad the puggle got a forever home. Thanks for helping him

Puggles rock! They do look like mini mastiffs. check out mr. puggle's pics at www.mrpuggle.blogspot.com

Marcie said...

Yes! I love all the picture's but was really happy to see some kitty cameo's on the blog. The picture's (as always) are fabulous.